Thursday, July 1, 2010

Party at Petco...Go Dodgers

My travels took me to another ball park in May. This trip however was not for business but strictly pleasure. Ash and decided to go down to San Diego for a little surf and baseball. We met our friends and Aaron and Mercedez Attig who live in Irvine to join us on the journey. The first stop was Churches. A popular beach outside Camp Pendelton. Ash, aka lil shredder, carved the wave into pieces and left Aaron and I stranded like beached whales on our boards. We eventually gathered ourselves and had some nice rides. After a fun day at the beached we showered up put on our Dodgers gear and drove to Petco.
Ashley got us tickets in the right field bleachers that was an all you eat section. I was a little hesitant, thinking the food would be junk, but surprisingly the hot dogs were really good. The stadium was littered with Dodgers fans who came piling in by the bus load (literally). With a Matt Kemp home run in the 7th the Dodgers won. For those who haven't been to Petco field it's a must visit. We took a good hour in the middle of the game just walking around park.
One downside about the stadium is they are very limited on parking. Luckily we found the last spot in some paid lot about five blocks away. When we got to the car after the game it had been broken into and our stuff was everywhere. To our amazement, no windows were broken and the only thing stolen was a roll of quarters. He even left our expensive sunglasses sitting on the seats. I guess I forgot to lock the car…my bad! I felt awful considering the fact that it was mother-in-laws brand new car. I’m so lucky nothing happened. Besides that little incident the game was a blast. It was my third time to Petco and definitely won’t be my last.

No comments:

Post a Comment