Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Heat is on


Yes it’s true, the heat is on and I’m not talking about the big three in Miami. I’m talking about my business trip to Phoenix two weeks ago where I experienced, for the first time, what AZ summers have to offer. I believe it got up to 112 degrees the last day we were there! Luckily I’m a day walker and the sun had nothing on my red headed skin. The purpose of the trip was to visit a couple partners of OS who resell our products but of course we took advantage of the situation and hit up a little D-Backs game. It just so happened the Yanks were in town. Boooooooooooooooooo!!!!! We got to the stadium early and had dinner in a nice restaurant in the right field bleachers. The AC in the stadium felt fantastic. Thank goodness the roof was closed. Just as we got up from dinner to head to our seats in the first inning A-Rod smacked a shot over the left field wall. In then heard something that caught me off guard. The crowd erupted in cheers. I never heard so many people cheer for an opposing team. We hurried to our seats and again to my amazement there were no Diamond Back fans in sight. I was surrounded by Yankee fans. It was like a bad dream or something. They dominated the stands. Honestly, I think there were just as many Yankee fans if not more than D-Backs. I must admit though they were extremely loud and annoying, I found the Yankee fans quite comical. We had some loud drunk dudes in our section starting the funniest cheers. They were saying things like “We sell tickets” to “single ladies” with the beat of a drum in the background. The funniest though came in the ninth inning when the D-Back put in Tony Abreu to pinch hit. I’m guessing he’s Bobby’s younger brother? Anyway the Yankee fan next to us started a cheer (keep in mind for a guy on the D-Backs) that went something like this…Boom, boom, boom let me here you say a Abreu (Crowd then followed with an “Abreuuuuuuuuuu”). It doesn’t have the same effect writing it in a blog but it even made the loyal D-Back fans laugh. Guess you had to be there. Yanks ended up spanking them of course. I’m wondering how ever lose when 8 out of your 9 starters are currently or have been all-stars? It’s just not fair. Oh well, at least they’re fun to watch and they sell out stadiums anywhere they go. As for the stadium I give it 9-10. Pretty sweet place with a lot do. Good time in PHX.

No comments:

Post a Comment