Sunday, June 27, 2010

Opening Day in Oakland

Jake and I had were headed to San Fran for some bitness and it just happened to be opening day weekend for MLB. Coincidentally a few days prior to flying out I ran into my buddy Dave Nixon at Maglebys Fresh in Provo. Dave lives in Oakland currently while he plays for the Raiders. I told him I'd be in town and asked him if he wanted to come with us to the game. He said he'd love to and he'd see if he could get us some tickets. He called me a couple days later when we were headed up to the airport and said he got us box tickets in Al Davis's suite. Um....sweeeeeeeet! It seemed to good to be true. We got to the game and sure enough the great outside linebacker from Brigham Young University had the hook up. We pretty much had the box to ourself. It was me, Dave, Jake Berry, and Todd Crofts (OrangeSoda VP of Marketing). It just so happened that at the same time of the baseball game was the National basketball championship with Butler and Duke. Lucky for us we had three flat screens in the suite to watch it on. It was a mans dream as our eyes went back and forth from one ball game to another. As for the Coliseum, I couldn't think of a worse ballpark to have to play in. It was opening day and the stands were about half full. They played the Mariners, I'm not sure who won but it was a beautiful way to kick off the 2010 season.

No comments:

Post a Comment